COMMUNITY CENTRE ‘STANDARD CONDITIONS OF HIRE’
1. THE HIRER shall make a booking via the electronic system on the website (where possible) or collect a form from the library. A non-refundable deposit of £25.00 will be made at this time to secure the booking. A provisional booking will be held for seven days.
2. A Hiring Bond of £100.00 will be required one month before the event. The bond will normally be shredded/returned within two weeks after the event in order for the premises to be inspected and confirmation that no breaches of the conditions occurred.
3. THE HIRER shall pay the outstanding fees due not less than one month before the date of the booking, or as may be directed by the Management Committee. If the Hirer wishes to cancel the booking after the total amount has been paid and an alternative booking cannot be arranged, the question of repayment of fees shall be at the discretion of the Management Committee. In the event of the Management Committee cancelling the booking all fees paid by the Hirer will be refunded to the Hirer, except as set out in Condition 18.
4. Set up and clear up times must be included in the times of hire.
6. THE HIRER shall, on making the booking, make clear any requirements as to the use of kitchen facilities and shall be responsible for any extra charges incurred.
7. THE HIRER shall, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for the supervision of the premises, fabric and contents, safety from damage however slight, or change of any sort, and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the highway and all public access points.
8. THE HIRER shall be responsible for obtaining any licences necessary in connection with the booking, other than those already held by the Community Centre. The Hirer must indicate on the booking form if a drinks licence is being applied for.
9. THE HIRER shall be responsible for making arrangements to insure against any third party claims which may lie against the Hirer’s organisation whilst using the Community Centre, and shall indemnify the Management Committee against any such claims made against them. (The Management Committee is only insured against claims arising out of its own negligence.) All individual groups to arrange their own Public Liability Insurance.
10. ALL USERS have a duty of care under the Protection of Children Act 1999.
11. THE HIRER shall be responsible for the observance of all regulations appertaining to the premises stipulated by the Licensing Justices, the Fire Authority in accordance with Standard Condition 3, the Local Authority or otherwise.
12. THE HIRER shall, be familiar with the Fire Evacuation Procedure displayed in the entrance lobby and carry out instructions in the event of fire.
13. THE HIRER shall, if bringing any electrical equipment to connect to the Centre electrical circuit, ensure that all such electrical equipment has a valid Portable Appliance Test Certificate.
14. THE HIRER shall not sub-let or use the premises for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way, nor do anything or bring on to the premises anything that may endanger the premises, their users, or any insurance policies relating thereto.
15. THE HIRER shall indemnify the Management Committee for the cost of additional cleaning, or repair of any damage done to any part of the property or to the repair or replacement of contents of the building damaged or lost during or as a result of the booking.
16. THE HIRER shall take away own waste and indemnify the Management Committee for any cost of removing the Hirer’s waste.
17. THE HIRER shall, if selling goods on the centre premises, comply with the Fair Trading Laws and any other relevant legislation issued in connection with such sales. In particular, the Hirer shall ensure that the total prices of all goods and services are prominently displayed, as shall be the Organiser’s name and address.
18. THE HIRER shall ensure that during the booking nothing occurs which results in a nuisance or annoyance being suffered by occupiers of any neighbouring property.
19. THE HIRER shall use the Community Centre only for the purposes stated in the Hiring Agreement and for no other purposes whatsoever, without the prior express permission of the Management Committee.
20. THE HIRER shall not allow fly posting. It is illegal and the Hirer shall indemnify the Management Committee against any costs resulting from fly posting. Any fly posting shall result in the cancellation of the booking without refund.
21. THE HIRER MUST ENSURE THE HALL, SARNEY ROOM AND KITCHEN ARE LEFT IN A CLEAN AND TIDY CONDITION READY FOR THE NEXT HIRER.
22. THE HIRER will be charged an additional fee if an evening booking over runs the allotted time, resulting in an additional call out of the security firm.
If the hirer is in any doubt as to the meaning of these conditions, they should consult the Secretary of the Management Committee immediately – email@example.com
These conditions may change from time to time, the conditions that apply to hiring the hall will be the conditions prevailing at the time of hire.
(Revision Date: August 2017)
You may download a PDF version of this document by following this link: Standard Conditions of Hire
1) All Hirers/Users of Flackwell Heath Community Centre must ensure that the following actions have been completed when vacating the building at the end of their Period of Hire.
a) All Curtains must be CLOSED and all windows CLOSED.
b) Both Emergency Exit Doors must be securely CLOSED.
c) If individual heaters have been temporarily turned OFF they must be turned back ON.
d) The door to the stage to be CLOSED.
e) All hall lights must be turned OFF, including those on the Stage and in the Stairwells.
f) Any furniture moved is to be replaced where originally found and safety straps to be used around stackable tables and chairs.
g) The door from the Lobby to be CLOSED on exit.
a) All Curtains must be OPEN and all windows CLOSED.
b) The Emergency Exit Door to be securely CLOSED. You MUST NOT exit from this door unless in an emergency.
c) If you turned down the radiators, turn them back on.
d) Lights to be turned OFF.
e) The door from the Lobby to be CLOSED and LOCKED on exit.
a) Both water taps SHUT; all appliances turned OFF and unplugged where appropriate, especially gas knobs on oven.
b) The door to the stage to be CLOSED.
c) Lights to be turned OFF.
d) The door from the Lobby to be CLOSED.
TOILETS (LADIES AND GENTS)
a) All windows securely CLOSED and cubicles EMPTY.
b) All taps SHUT.
c) Lights to be turned off.
d) Doors from the Lobby to be CLOSED.
LOBBY AND PORCH
a) Check that the doors to Sarney Room and Store Room are locked.
b) All lobby lights turned OFF
c) Both inner front doors to be LOCKED on leaving.
d) Porch light to be turned off
e) Front door to be secured and LOCKED (lower lock) on finally leaving the premises. The top lock will be done by security.
2) The Hirer is solely responsible for all their own waste. This must be removed from the building AND the grounds of the Community Centre. Glass should be put in the Council recycling bins located by the side of the access road. IF YOU DO NOT REMOVE YOUR WASTE, THIS WILL RESULT IN THE LOSS OF YOUR HIRING BOND.
3) The premises must be left in a clean and tidy condition. Any losses, breakages, damage or additional cleaning required will be charged for, and costs deducted from any Hall Hire Bond.
4) Keys are obtained from Express Video. You will need to sign keys out and in. Each hirer is responsible for returning the keys at the end of their hire period. Keys must not be handed on to another person, i.e., the next hirer. If the hire period ends after 11.00pm, the keys should be placed in the locked letter box outside the A1 taxi office next to Express Video.
5) The Centre is only available for the hours that you have booked – this must include any setting-up and clearing away time. Should you exceed your event allotted time (e.g. resulting in security company call out charges), THIS WILL RESULT IN THE LOSS OF YOUR HIRING BOND.
6) No animals are allowed on site, no barbecues or any heaters with naked flames.
7) No Smoking is allowed on the site (this includes the grounds around the Centre).
Thank you for your co-operation.
The Management Committee
(Revision Date: August 2017)
Return to Bookings Page
Return to Home